Final Project

Posted: May 3, 2011 in Maya

For my final project I chose to make an elevator that goes to hell. The idea of this project was to create a surreal world and animate a character within the world. My original idea was to have the elevator go to three different floors and have the character walk out and look around. But due to animation errors and time problems I decided to make it go to just one world. I chose to animate a devil character within the world by making him wave his arm. This was my first time working with character animation and I feel that it went very well. Although the animation may not be complicated, it gave me good practice in animating characters .Overall I think this project was a success. It allowed me to learn new tools and techniques. It also taught me some lessons like making sure I saved often and making sure I managed my time wisely. If i was to do it again I would make it more detailed and I would add music to the background to make you really feel like you were in an elevator

For the devil character I downloaded a pre sculpted model from 3dvalley.com. I used the joint tool and ik handles to create the skeleton in his arm. From there I used a series of key frames along the time line to animate the skeleton allowing his arm to move.

Project 2: Chess Set

Posted: March 25, 2011 in Maya

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

For this project we had to model a 3d chess board. Once the board was made we had to model all the pieces from scratch. The point of the project was to make 4 still images of the chess set and one had to include the motion blur feature. I was happy with the way this project turned out. For this project I wanted to make a simple but classy chess set. I used nurb circles and the loft feature to help me create the chess pieces. I used edge loops the round out the edges of the chess board Overall I really liked this project and how my final result turned out. If I was to do it over again I would manage my time better and make better initial color choices. The red and white that I originally picked for the board were to bright and interfered too much with the light.

My pieces for this project were modeled from this set that I found on http://www.thechesspiece.com/proddetail.asp?prod=534. I was unable to find the name of the creator. This set was actually modeled off the simple Yves Tanguy set, which was designed in 1939. I liked how the set was so simple but was actually very classy.

Bouncing Ball

Posted: February 25, 2011 in Maya

Project 1

Posted: February 25, 2011 in Maya

*

This is my final product for the first project of the course. Overall I was happy with the way it turned out. But at the same time there are somethings that I wish I would have done differently. Due to a lack of time I had to get rid of the black outline of the picture. Also I think I could have done a better job with the animation. For this being my first time experimenting with this program I believe it turned out pretty well.